Egg Drop Soup
4 cans chicken broth
3 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1. Heat broth to boiling point in a large sauce pan.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, make a smooth paste of cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water. Stir in sugar, salt, and pepper.
3. Into hot broth, slowly stir cornstarch mixture. Heat to boiling point stirring constantly.
4. Reduce heat, add eggs, a small amount at a time, stirring to separate them into shreds.
5. Remove from heat. Serve at once.