Monday, April 28, 2014

Chicken Taco Bowls

Chicken Taco Bowls


I had pin two different recipes... Here and Here... One was called a chili and the other a taco bowl and they both used the crockpot... But my chicken was already cooked... I took their ideas and made my own that I made without the crockpot.


Ingredients - 
2 cups shredded Chicken (I also had some broth with my chicken)
3 cups of Salsa
1 can black beans, drained
1/2 bag of frozen corn or 1 can of corn (I have made this twice and once used the frozen corn and once used the canned corn.)
1 Spoonful of Minced Garlic (I have a jar of minced garlic in the fridge and used a nice spoonful)
1 Tbsp Chili powder
1/2 Tbsp cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (you could also use cayenne pepper)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Cooked rice (you could use white, brown, or Mexican)
Shredded Cheese of choice


Add all ingredients to pot...


Love all the colors from everything!


Stir and cook til warm. I let mine simmer on medium-low heat for about 20-25 minutes to let me flavors mix together.


Serve over rice and add toppings of choice (cheese, sour cream, green onions, cilantro, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment